Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dear Friends





This picture was taken several months with my Mom's dear and long time playgroup friends: Laurie, Donita, Elsie, Anne and Nancy. My mom has known these women for close to 30 years and they have been through a lot together. These ladies have been there so many times for my mom and our family since my mom became sick.

Together they designed and created this beautiful quilt with handwritten messages to my mom around the border. They also made delicious homemade meals, beautiful plants and sent cards of love and encouragement. I know that this single blog post isn't enough to thank these amazing ladies for just HOW MUCH of a pillar of support they have been but I hope it is a start. Every time my mom wraps up in your quilt we are reminded of you all and how lucky we are to have such a wonderful group of friends in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tanis! It was our pleasure to do anything we could do, which was nothing more than your mom would have done for any of us. We are just so happy to see you all doing well, and Mom feeling so good and happy. <3
    Love,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete